Frequently Asked Questions about CAMP


Commonly asked questions:

  • Am I eligible to participate in CAMP?
    • Students who are Hispanic, African-American, Native American, Pacific Islander (non Filipino are eligible to participate. Ethnicity must be declared on growl or the registrar's office. 
  • How can I report my ethnicity to CAMP?
    • Every student has the option to declare their ethnicity on growl or through the registrar's office.
  • What resources does CAMP provide?
    • CAMP provides textbooks, laptops, stipends, development workshops with faculty, access to scientific societies, support for graduate school application, and attendance to scientific conferences.
  • When can I join?
    • Students can join at any time. However, CAMP requires membership renewal once a year, usually during spring quarter. 
  • Does CAMP provide research placement?
    • CAMP does not provide direct research placement, but helps facilitate the transition into laboratories.

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Career OpportunitiesUCR Libraries
Campus StatusDirections to UCR

Department Information

California Alliance for Minority Participation
Hinderaker Hall 1100

Tel: (951) 827-2617
Fax: (951) 827-7745
E-mail: thomas.dickson@ucr.edu

Related Links